Hello I am tumblr user chocoboco and I am here to educate you about hagelslag
I doubt anyone here can actually pronounce hagelslag correctly but I’m not going to bother with that because Dutch is a stupid language and I hate it
I have been waiting an eternity for this omg yes I love my country
- Hi there, I am American and I think we have those, they’re called sprinkles or jimmies and we put them on ice cream (or at least everyone I know does.)
Hey y’all! Peter and Paige here! Welcome to our new project! We’ve worked hard to try and bring to fruition a fabulous idea that occurred to us a few weeks ago. We’re always open to new ideas, so if there’s something you think could help or would be useful, please feel free to send us a little note and we’ll see what we can do!
Our Story: We met in SoCal (Venice Beach) on the boardwalk. We were seated at the opposite ends of a bench and Paige was aimlessly singing I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift, and of course, Peter had to say something. An easy grin told him all he needed to know and, after a short conversation, the two discovered they had quite a bit in common, including the fact that their families were in the exact same resort. Over the course of a week and a half, we became fast friends, and when the time came to return home, the decision was made: we would begin a book club to keep in touch in a fun and completely unique way so we could continue to get to know one another through a vast shared interest and hence, The Classic Pages (Peter’s idea) was born.
We hope you’ll join us on our fantastic adventures through some of the most well known literary classics, both old and new. We’re going to be tweeting along with the books, posting reviews, keeping a laugh and cry count (which will eventually be used to rank the books we read on a spectrum of jovial read to tear-jerker), posting our favorite quotes and hopefully connecting with people like you!
Our schedule for this fall is located on the right side of this screen along with several other pages, including our Twitter handles and a place where some of these books can be found on free or cheap apps, that will hopefully be of some service to you! We’re gearing up to start Catcher in the Rye on the first of August and we’re really excited! :) Feel free to reach us via our Twitters or Tumblr ask box! We’d love to hear from you!
So I’m seeing Taylor Swift in Nashville on September 19th, and I want to have whoever reblogs this’ urls in a scrapbook that says “People who have been loving you for quite some time” just in case of the extremely rare chance of me getting into Club Red, I want to give it to Taylor. And even if I don’t, I’ll still sprinkle the pieces of paper with the urls all over the concert, so reblog this if you want to be part of it!
- All promoted to 69k - Please be honest. -
» Must be following me, I will check. No likes!
» Lists will be neat/reasonable size. :) Favorite blogs & urls will be bolded! I’m always looking for new blogs to follow so I’ll definitely check yours out.
» Ends at 4:05 pm EST.
I’m following via my main account, but I would appreciate if if the promotion was this blog. I’ll be glad to tell you my main url if you message me privately.
you know what’s fucking worse than NO pockets?
fucking FAKE POCKETS
THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT
one time i bought a coat and i thought it had pockets but they were fake and then one day a hole ripped in the seam and i discovered there were fully made perfectly good pockets that had been sewn closed for no reason
They actually do that so small children and troublemakers don’t stick dirty hands and sticky things into the pockets before the garment has been sold.
- push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
I love you’ means that I accept you for the person that you are, and that I do not wish to change you into someone else. It means that I will love you and stand by you even through the worst of times. It means loving you even when you’re in a bad mood, or too tired to do the things I want to do. It means loving you when you’re down, not just when you’re fun to be with. ‘I love you’ means that I know your deepest secrets and do not judge you for them, asking in return that you do not judge me for mine. It means that I care enough to fight for what we have and that I love you enough not to let go. It means thinking of you, dreaming of you, wanting and needing you constantly, and hoping you feel the same about me.